Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Prahlad Kakkar ask’s Jr Bachchan to forgive him..



I’ll make peace with him on a personal level,” said adman Prahlad Kakkar, a day after actor Abhishek Bachchan lashed out against him on Twitter.
On Wednesday, at the Mumbai Film Festival, Kakkar had taken potshots at Abhishek. “Abhishek Bachchan has 17 flops in a row and is still going strong. He is unique, and should be in the Guinness Book of Records,” he had said during a discussion on Bollywood. He also called the industry ‘a mom and pop shop’, saying that most actors in Bollywood are star sons or star nephews.
“Why use a good actor when you can have a nephew?” he had said.
Abhishek Kakkar clearly upset by his comment, Abhishek reacted on Twitter Thursday afternoon.
“I love Prahlad Kakkar, he should be a stand-up comic not an ad-filmmaker. Maybe then someone will take him seriously! This coming from a man who makes commercials with his own son. Hmmm. Oh ya, Prahlad, I’m already in the Guiness book of world records and a very proud son. I hope you give your sons an opportunity to say the same someday (sic),” he wrote.
In the statement, Abhishek refers to the fact that he holds the record for the maximum number of public appearances made in 12 hours — a part of the promotion of Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra’s Delhi 6.
Kakkar has gone on the defensive after the tweet.

“Yes, I absolutely agree with Abhishek that I am a good ad-filmmaker, but a better stand-up comedian. Don’t know why he took me seriously; it was said in a good humour,”
Kakkar said.
“People know I am always funny, but if he has reacted, I’m sure it has hurt him, and I am feeling extremely awkward and embarrassed. I shall make peace with him on a personal level. He is a great guy and a good actor. I am a good comedian, and comedians should not be taken seriously. So Master Bachchan please forgive me,” he said.
It may be recalled that Kakkar was among the very few people from the industry to be invited for Abhishek’s wedding to Aishwarya Rai, and Ash shot her first ad with Kakkar.

0 comments: