Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I will not give up acting for "anything or anyone"

I will not give up acting for

Marriage may or may not figure in her five-year plans but Hot Beauty Vidya Balan is not ready to give up acting for "anything or anyone" and feels life has been "good" ever since she turned 30.

"Acting is a part of who I am. I don't think I will remotely give it up for anything or anyone. But having said that, if it comes naturally to me and I do feel like taking it easy at some point of time, maybe I will. But that shouldn't be a pre-condition to get into any relationship," the 32-year-old actress told.

Vidya, says she is glad women are not giving up their careers just for their personal lives any more.

"I think today women continue to work at every age. It's fantastic! And it is happening in every profession. I met a girl at a store who got back to work within just two months of delivering a child - such is the dedication," says the actress.

The critically acclaimed actress, is on a high these days. Neither her performances, nor her dressing sense are being criticised - and she admits she has started being very careful and fussy.

"It has to challenge me and it has to excite me. It can be an extremely simple film, it could be a mad role, it could be intense it could be anything across the spectrum...but I have to feel excited," she adds.

Now Vidya often sports designer Sabyasachi Mukherjee's elegant saris and steals the show wherever she goes with her style.

"I stick to what makes me feel I look good in. If I feel I am looking good in something, I will wear it. And if it isn't, then even if it is the most beautifully crafted creation, I won't. That's the only criterion I use while wearing anything now and I guess that's what has worked for me," she said.

0 comments: